July 9, 2020

Twisted Wonderland, Chapter XV- Icefire Kiss, Unexpected Twist


    'I feel like, maybe... if I play my cards right... This could last a very long time, if not eternity...'

    This? Before Jervis could reply, Vendetta leaned in. Her lips met his. She took a plunge- one there was no turning back from. Vendetta was terrified she made a mistake... But she hoped he would return the sentiment- or at least, not make her leave, never to see him or Wonderland again… 

    Torn so much among feelings, the pale gentlemanly goodness that existed within. Before he could answer, she made a move- a kiss. His heart raced, thumping in his chest; blood raced wildly. There was obsession over another, one to never cease. Yet, there was genuine interest in the Vampyre. He responded, lips meeting- passionate, firm. Gloved digits slipping gentle into her hair- without dislodging a single raven lock. When he finally needed to come up for air, he'd pull back, slipping into his seat; wetting his lips, to taste her kiss once more... Silent for a time, unsure what to say... More tea? came to mind, but he thought it insensitive, still- what did one say? Thank you? Somehow that didn't seem appropriate... perhaps That was nice. 

    Nice? And he'd spill pure truth, sky blue eyes lowered "-That was... wonderful, to say in the least..." and she heard a 'but' coming "-But I want you to know... before anything else, it's impossible for me to surrender my heart completely." Honesty, no matter how painful- he didn't want to lead her on. "-I suffer a sick infatuation for this girl... I can't help it..." Alice'… 

    "-Yet my thoughts are for you as well, Vendetta..." he added, ending it on a positive note. "-Unlike her, I've no need to hide what I am, what I do. The good, the bad, you can take it all... for Alice, I can't... she must never know my wickedness..." He uttered, thin fingers entangling back into his own grasp. Ready to feel the sting of her slap, the click of her heels as she stormed out of his life; he would have done the same, had he been her...

    The fire, the passion that both felt.. Fireworks. The way her mouth felt the blood rushing, his hands in her hair... Deity, she loved it, and when they parted, she swore she saw a glimmer. Then he spoke, soft and... sad? Ah. Confession. A heart eternally divided, some part forever coveting delicate little Alice.

    Vendetta paused, in thought. With a start, she realized he was waiting for her to leave. Taking her hand in his, she made him look her in the eyes. "...I know. Your obsession leaves a bittersweet note in your blood... I'm not asking to replace; I'm asking to co-exist. Your infatuation, it bothers me none. All I desire, is a chance... maybe one day, turn you immortal like myself."

    Raven locks brushed from her face, Vendetta waited- letting the idea take seed. Here was an intricate woman, unknown age and origin,  perfectly willing to exist alongside Jervis- she even accepted his obsession. How many would? The idea had merit, and it seemed a good one. Vendetta poured herself tea, and placed a cup of black tea in Jervis' hand. Her lips brushed his once again, to remind of him of that passion, that fire... Her little smirk knowing. 

    He did feel for her, sweetly wicked Vendetta, did he want her? Yes. Did he enjoy her company? Immensely. But could he have her completely, while not giving himself entirely? No, he didn't find it fair in the games of love. He couldn't promise her everything, for that sick infatuation would remain always. That longing for that which he was assured he could never have, or perhaps didn't want. He had love and feelings for the blonde. Sweet Alice… The thought came, whispered on the being inside his tongue- on hidden lips and minds, but there was a worry, he would destroy her...

    He could hurt the others, but Vendetta was resilient. She would not crack beneath his malice. He was lost in thought, awaiting on bated breath, assured she'd leave; he couldn't help it... He was sick, twisted in his mind. Surrounding his heart were gnarled roots, tangling his love, tearing it all to shreds. When her hand slipped over his own, that languid gaze snapped to her own, drifting back down to where her dainty digits settled along his own.

    Vendetta wouldn't leave so easily. She rather liked Jervis. "What did you expect from me- the sting of a slap, and the click of my heels as I walked away forever?"

    His brows would lift curiously She asked not for replacement, but co-existence. Is she really... okay... with it? Before he could reply, she spoke on: 'What did you expect from me- the sting of a slap, and the click of my heels as I walked away forever?'

    "-That's exactly what I thought. I don't get many interested in me... Perhaps I really am too eccentric for most tastes, and if that doesn't give them cause to run, my admittance that I cannot love like a typical individual."

    Still his curiosity was not slaked, not until she started on again. "No... it's not that easy. Besides... I drove some of the pain and loneliness away. I felt the rush of heat, of blood... Your fingers in my hair... I know there's something drawing us together. I'm not Alice, this is true- I don't appeal to that side of you. But I swear there's a darkness, a madness that I think exists inside... That's a different tale."

    She really was accepting with holding the other half of his heart, with being shared... Slipping him more tea, the perfect guest, he felt passion burn once more. Elaborating on her kiss, he drew her in, lips locked onto hers, as he remained- finally pulling away, but still lingering close. 

    "-You are not my second Vendetta, you are equal... As you say, light and dark... I have needs for both sides. You were right... Something exists within me, a second... soul, you could say. He calls himself Tetch; I call him the 'Other'. Sometimes he's the voice of reason, but only so things work in his favour in the long run. He has a hidden agenda I know little about. I've never met someone so understanding of what am, of what I suffer... I wish this need didn't need to be fulfilled, but..." 

    Clicking his tongue, he shook his head. There was that dark smile again- he realized, she already knew. "-Thank you...I'm glad you understand, I couldn't... allow you to leave..."



Friends and Followers