July 8, 2020

Twisted Wonderland, Chapter X- Back To [Personal] Business

    Such a strange sensation. Before tonight, he hadn't been entirely certain vampyres existed, beyond myth and storybooks. Even when Dracula arrived, Jervis refused to believe the man was what he claimed. And now here he was feeding one. While the feeling was most curious, it was almost invigorating, supplying life to another... Giving part of himself. Before he could watch his levels- like the medical genius he was- his count fell low, he felt a bit sluggish... But somehow okay with it, as long as she was fine.

    "-Are you okay? Is that enough?" he finally garbled out, speaking at the exact time as she, smiling sheepishly for it as he answered, "-Anything is fine, steaks maybe... something rich in iron, I have them in the fridge, if that's what you're asking? And don't be silly" referring to her unspoken thought about leaving "-If I didn't want you to stay, I'd have not invited you in the first place... nor allowed you to feed off me" he proclaimed.

    "-I could eat... should is more like it" he declared, knowing he'd need to up his blood sugar to compensate. Jervis had to admit, he found himself... protective of her. While he knew she was quite capable, something fragile resided beneath the veneer... Something he valiantly had to preserve at all costs. Noticing he'd been staring, he cleared his throat and turned his funeral blue gaze away "-Feel free to stay as long as you please..." he declared, finally meeting her lovely gaze once more, while he moved to find bandages.

    Vendetta grabbed his wrist once more before he could get far. She noticed the glisten of her saliva working, his wounds healing nicely. Vendetta nodded in satisfaction, then looked to him. "I feared I took too much... Let's go downstairs; I'll make you dinner and tea... I might have some of my blend that's good for blood sugars... Heh. I'm surprised you let me feed; very few would ever consider such a thing... Your blood is decadent- metallic, yet sweet, tinted with a perfect salt...

    I did learn I live nearby- only a couple hours away. Once I got my bearings, I couldn't help but be amused at that... Anyways, I'm incoherent. Downstairs."
Gentle but firm, Vendetta took Jervis into her embrace- slipping a vial somewhere easily accessible for later. She led him down and helped him to his chair. Vendetta expressed silent concern she'd really hurt him.

    When she expressed worry, he shook his head. "-Despite my stature, I'm a pretty hearty fellow" he proclaimed, smile remaining, as they moved downstairs together, allowing her aid... Shocked over her strength despite her slender size, but said nothing... Just assumed it was more \vampyre charm he'd soon come to know. 

    After she'd helped him to his chair, he relaxed; once again admiring his wrist, it was one of the most remarkable things he had ever seen. "-I would never be opposed to tea; especially a special blend." 

    Comfortably settled, she ran back upstairs and checked- yes, she did have some still. Coming back down, she made him her tea. Left to steep, Vendetta vanished to make dinner. Inexplicably, the thought of staying longer-term made Vendetta smile... Damn, what was with her? Just what did he do?.. Soon, the smells of food drifted, she busy putting her extraordinary culinary skills to work. 

    "-Chock full of curiosities aren't we?" He cooed rather enthusiastically, swivelling that smouldering blue gaze towards her, a small thin lipped smile visible on his startlingly handsome features. Vendetta's talents went beyond the arcane and artistic, it seemed. 

    "Yes, but that can be discussed later. Will you be alright?" She kept herself busy, grateful for opportunity to channel this anxious energy… and do something nice for Jervis, as repayment for his kindness.

    He finally answered while she flitted about the kitchen "-You needn't worry. Between my late Father beating the shit out of me, and other circumstances... I've learned to stand on my own two feet even after they've been swept out from beneath me" he promised, doing his best to assure her he wouldn't retire too easily... 

     Vendetta simply shook her head, listening. Right now, the heavenly scent of cooking enthralled both, Vendetta having recalled some long-dormant skills. Even though she could eat, she wasn’t feeling it. Women raised in any period previous to this- even now- well, she'd been accustomed to plentiful sexism.

    "Don't get me wrong, I know you're resilient. However, few stand up to a feeding- let alone several, until their blood replenishes. I'm going to keep an eye on you... Strangely, I've come to realize I care about you. Don't know why- probably because you're unlike anyone I've ever met before- someone who understands."

     Jervis failed to reply- having heard her, but also having disappeared. Before long Jervis would re-emerge, having slipped away to wash up. While he might have not minded, the Lady had gone through great lengths to feed him proper- he wasn't about to spoil it with the filth of the day. The smells that filled the kitchen made his mouth water, thin fingers twitching as if he longed to sample it. In fact, he couldn't recall the last time he had a proper hot meal- often he just launched a few pieces of bread in the toaster, planted a cut of Ham in the middle, and called it done. Master of many things...but certainly not the kitchen.

    Soon, a delicious plate with perfectly-cooked steak, creamy herb mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables came out, laid before him at the table. Vendetta set it down, then did something strange. Curtsying, she left to attend the dishes, leaving him to it.

    Having taken his seat, moving around until he found a place he liked, he would have been served. The potatoes, steak, and greens looking perfect as ever. He would have started (assuming vampyres didn't eat normal food), little pleasurable moans of delight sounding as he indulged in every single bite. Once or twice commenting on her 'work' with his mouth stuffed, compliments like 'You're amazing' and 'I've never eaten anything like this all my life' sounded like 'Yur uhmazin' and 'I'b ner eatun 'nything like dis ull mahlife'. 

    Shortly after, Vendetta returned to join him, a cup in hand. A shift in thought, from serious to mundane. "There's a break in the weather... I think after this, I'm going to take a quick trip home. I've a couple things I need." Vendetta looked down into said cup, and may even have blushed. She took a sip in silence, marvelling at how well she'd retained domestic skills she'd 'acquired' in times past.

     Jervis felt like a pig for not waiting. How uncouth- she'd gone to such trouble for him, and this is how he repaid her? Still her conversation would have changed his thoughts, and let it slip this time around, insuring he'd be more cautious, less presumptuous next time. Speaking after she had finished, he would dab his thin lips and continue, "-I have my own errands to attend, but I'll leave a key for you to make your way inside once more."

    Any clients he needed to see could wait- lately it was only consultations, not finished product. While no one cared about her before, she had not known the curious- perhaps nosy- Jervis. "-How did you come about being such a culinary Goddess? If not too personal, how did you become, well, a vampyre?" Finding no other way to put it "-How did you live before, I'd like to know... it's intriguing really, considering I myself have only had this one life.

    Vendetta smiled. Oh, the tale she had for him…


Chapter XI- The Story Continues

Friends and Followers