July 10, 2020

Crimson Creations- Chapter 12

    Toshiro could feel the emotional state radiating from the canvas. Malice, heart-break, twisted desire, suffering filled the background...  But the forefront brought only traces of those emotions- heavily dominated by happiness, determination, curiosity, hinting at serenity... and most notable of all- Vendetta's love for Toshiro. The magick of the Obsidian Collection wove its dark spell, mixed with the materials acquired from him. He was instantly ensnared by the intense emotions, unlike anything he felt before. Taking it all in bit by bit he tried to collect his thoughts, finding himself at a loss for words.

    "I... I have never laid eyes on such a breath-taking piece of art. There's just so much to it, so many underlying emotions, such beautiful colour and detail. It's like you found how to capture life itself."


    "You honour me, beloved. I'm delighted you enjoy it- we'll make sure it gets to you safely." Her mind was drifting, to another place... Namely, the two of them wandering the walls of her estate. Placing this painting somewhere they could both appreciate it... Sharing a restful sleep in her room... perhaps the shower she had together... Focus, Vendetta. Time for that later. In the moment, she brushed her hair back and smiled gently.

    "I'll have to come up with a suitable place to put it. Something so extraordinary should be given a spot of reverence, after all." Toshiro smiled softly as he watched her brush her hair back, the smile that graced her petal lips emphasizing her radiant beauty. Even now, he couldn't understand how he had gotten so lucky- both to have his work inspire someone so gifted... and to capture the heart of someone so legendary. The silence was eventually shattered, when she spoke again.

    "If you wish, we can return and circulate... I'm sure people are dying to know more still, of the enigma I dedicated this to... I can send everyone away, and while the makeshift gallery is taken down, we can disappear... Or I can show you around the enigma that is Iceflame Manor. The choice, as always, is yours."

    Thinking over the options Vendetta set before him, Toshiro's first thoughts were on spending more time alone with her. Another part of him wanted to see the collection of his works she had spoken about when they first met, both of which could be accomplished at the same time. "While I've had an amazing time tonight taking in your beautiful work with everyone else, I would prefer to end this night in your company alone, exploring the marvellous wonder that is your home."

    Delighted, Vendetta nodded in agreement. She was confident Toshiro would find somewhere suitable for the painting. Like a room just for him, in her estate... Get a grip, Vendetta. It's far too soon for such things. Even if he does seem receptive. She looked away, unsure if he picked up on her thought. Or if he could even pick up on thoughts- not all bloodlines could. She could, however, feel his wonder- and the desire to spend time with her again.

    "As you wish~ It's... I shall warn you, this estate is... opulent in places. Inspired by Venetian vampyric dramatics and culture, Verily different to the minimalist aesthetic you're accustomed to." Once more she gave a bow, almost in silent apology. As she stood upright, he changed topics.

   "You know... ever since you told me about how you purchased every painting of mine you could find once I announced my retirement, I wondered just how many of them have ended up in your care. It has been a hope of mine for some time now to lay eyes on some of my older works, to see if they stand up to their visage in my mind's eye."

    "This will be when you find out, then. I believe I acquired most of them- perhaps not all, but a fair few. You can tell me, once you see them." She couldn't wait to show him the inner workings- but more importantly, she just wanted to be close to him again. Perhaps the weeks apart had a stronger impact on both of them, more than either realized.

Friends and Followers